Gonorrhea | - Blog Hanz -
Breaking News
recent

Gonorrhea

Also known as
Clap

Description

* This is a sexually transmitted disease caused by the bacteria Neisseria gonorrhoeae.



Symptoms

* Urethritis (males)-initially: burning on urination, clear or milky penile discharge, then 2-3 days later, a pain in the urethra (tube where urine goes out), followed by a yellow, creamy penile discharge. In addition, the prostate gland and epididiymis (tubes above testicles) may become painful and inflamed.
* Proctitis-this is a rectal infection that has anal discharge. Most common in male homosexuals.
* Throat infections-sometimes occur via oral sex
* Cervicitis (women)-infection inside the vagina at the opening of the uterus. Vaginal discharge may or may not be present. Urinary symptoms often occur. Infection may spread to the tubes (pelvic inflammatory disease), which causes severe pelvic pain, leading to scarring in the tubes. The infection may also spread to the rectum.
* Disseminated disease-sometimes the gonorrhea may spread to the rest of the body, causing diffuse joint pain/stiffness, fever, and diffuse rash. Very rarely, meningitis can occur.
* Conjunctivitis-an infection and inflammation in the eye. It occurs in adults when a person with gonorrhea rubs their eyes after touching infected body fluids.



Diagnosis

* Discharges from the urethra (males) and cervix (females) slides/smears may be done.
* DNA probes of urethral or cervical discharge is the most common test

Similar Conditions

* Chlamydia
* Gardnerella
* Trichomonas
* Candida (Yeast)
* Pelvic inflammatory disease
* Reiter's syndrome

Treatment

* Uncomplicated:
* Ceftriaxone 250mg-one injection only
* Ciprofloxacin by mouth, but some bacteria are resistant
* Spectomycin injection is an alternative injection for penicillin-allergic individuals
* Pelvic inflammatory disease:
* Cefoxitin, Cefotetan, Clindamycin+Gentamicin, Cefoxitin + oral Doxycycline
* Also: Chlamydia infections often co-exist at the same time with gonorrheal infections and should be treated as well (Doxycycline or Azithromycin commonly used).

If you suspect this condition

Both you and your partner need to be treated. Untreated, infections may lead to more chronic and severe infections. In addition, this infection can cause scarring in the tubes of females, which may result in infertility.



hanz

hanz

1 comment:

  1. My name is Beyonce Powell. I had Rectum effect. I made my search on herbal remedy for rectum effect, then I found lots of testimonies on how Dr James Herbal Medicine cured  HERPES..HIV/AIDS...Cancer.. They shared their testimonies, which got me interested. All the authors pronounced Dr James As a man with Good Heart, I picked on interest in their testimonies and I contacted him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I received His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 weeks of drinking his medicine, I went for a test I found out I was cured from Rectum effect. I know there are lots of diseases denied by the Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small fraction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348152855846,Email...drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete

Related

Powered by Blogger.